Driving in the EU – Green Card Guidance

Driving in the EU – Green Card Guidance

From 12 April 2019, if there is no European Union (EU) Exit deal and the European Commission does not make a decision ensuring that United Kingdom (UK) registered vehicles will not be checked for proof of insurance; drivers of UK registered vehicles will need to carry a motor insurance Green Card when driving in the EU and European Economic Area (EEA).

Some EU and EEA countries may also require a separate Green Card as proof of insurance for caravans and trailers. If you are travelling with a caravan or trailer, you will need two Green Cards: one for the towing vehicle, and one for the caravan or trailer.

Please contact us…

…if you are travelling abroad and plan on driving. We recommend that until there is more certainty around any formal withdrawal agreement, you should contact us as soon as possible to allow enough time for us to obtain the motor insurance Green Cards for your vehicle, caravan or trailer before you travel.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prepare-to-drive-in-the-eu-after-brexit

Pi-Property are proud to sponsor ‘Current Property Issues 2021’, a live virtual conference from Professional Confer… https://t.co/kllPZPUSjV

When you buy insurance, do you simply compare insurance premium costs, rather than the true cost of risk? This app… https://t.co/eXwxa15QLb

RT @TheClearGroup Very pleased to announce our Head of Sales & Digital Marketing @aj_mistry has been appointed to the Society of #Insuranc…